Top best answers to the question «How far is edinburgh from london by train»
- The distance between Edinburgh and London by train is approximately 330 miles (533 km). How long is the train ride to London from Edinburgh? On average the Edinburgh to London train travel time is 4 h for the 330 miles (533 km) long route, but the duration can vary if you travel on weekends and holidays.
- Edinburgh to London by train The train journey time between Edinburgh and London is around 4h 45m and covers a distance of around 392 miles. The fastest train normally takes 4h. Operated by LNER and Avanti West Coast, the Edinburgh to London train service departs from Edinburgh and arrives in London Kings Cross.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How far is edinburgh from london by train?» often ask the following questions:
❔ How long is a train ride from london to edinburgh?
- The fastest direct trains from London to Edinburgh take around four hours and 15 minutes to cover the 390-mile route. Most journeys are around four and a half hours.
❔ How long is the journey from london to edinburgh by train?
The average journey time by train between London and Edinburgh (Waverley) is 5 hours and 20 minutes, with around 41 trains per day. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays, so use our Journey Planner on this page to search for a specific travel date.
❔ How long is the train from edinburgh to london kings cross?
- Trains leave London Kings Cross every hour or at times every half-hour 07:00-19:00 and arrive at Edinburgh Waverley, right in the centre. Fastest journey 4 hours, typical journey 4h20, it varies.
❔ How long is the train journey from london to edinburgh?
How long does it take to get from London to Edinburgh by train? The train from London to Edinburgh takes around 5 hours 57 minutes.
❔ How long is the train ride from london to edinburgh scotland?
- Time & Distance. Edinburgh is about 400 miles north of London, a trip that would take approximately 7 hours by car. During the day, trains take approximately 4½ hours to make the journey from London to Edinburgh.
❔ How long it takes from london to edinburgh by train?
- London to Edinburgh (Waverley) by train It takes an average of 5h 20m to travel from London to Edinburgh (Waverley) by train, over a distance of around 332 miles (534 km). There are normally 41 trains per day travelling from London to Edinburgh (Waverley) and tickets for this journey start from £27 when you book in advance.
❔ How much is edinburgh to london by train?
- It takes an average of 5h 20m to travel from London to Edinburgh ( Waverley ) by train, over a distance of around 332 miles (534 km). There are normally 41 trains per day travelling from London to Edinburgh (Waverley) and tickets for this journey start from £27 when you book in advance. London to Edinburgh (Waverley) train times
❔ Is it cheaper to fly or train from london to edinburgh?
Generally speaking, unless you happen to be located close to an airport at both ends, for journeys between London and Edinburgh the train is easier and quicker. It may be cheaper, it may not, but for frequency, comfort, and convenience it will beat flying almost all of the time.
❔ Is london to edinburgh train scenic?
there is basically only one route from London King's Cross to Edinburgh, and yes it is scenic, the further north you go the better it gets but from Newcastle onwards it is worth the trip.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «How far is edinburgh from london by train?» so you can surely find the answer!Is the train ride from london to edinburgh scenic?
- Is the train ride from London to Edinburgh scenic? there is basically only one route from London King’s Cross to Edinburgh, and yes it is scenic, the further north you go the better it gets but from Newcastle onwards it is worth the trip. How much is train from London to Scotland ?
- Direct high-speed Virgin Trains East Coast run by Virgin Rail Group depart from Kings Cross station in London and take you to the Central station in Edinburgh in about 4.5 hours reaching the maximum speed of 125 mph. There are up to 14 daily departures depending on the weekday.
- The Flying Scotsman is an express passenger train service that has operated between Edinburgh and London, the capitals of Scotland and England, via the East Coast Main Line . The service began in 1862; the name was officially adopted in 1924. It is currently operated by London North Eastern Railway.
The end of our journey is at Edinburgh Waverley Station, the main railway station in the Scottish Capital.Where is the fastest train from london to edinburgh?
- Your journey to Edinburgh starts at London King’s Cross station – the station from where Harry Potter departs on the legendary Hogwarts Express. The fastest services to the Scottish capital make just four intermediate stops – normally at York, Darlington, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Berwick-upon-Tweed.
- The East Coast mainline, which links Edinburgh and London King’s Cross, is the UK's fastest intercity railway: you can travel between the cities in around 4 hours. Or, if you prefer to travel overnight, a sleeper service runs between London Euston and Edinburgh Waverley 6 nights a week.