Top best answers to the question «Do you think time travel is possible or impossible»
- Yes, time travel is indeed a real thing. But it's not quite what you've probably seen in the movies. Under certain conditions, it is possible to experience time passing at a different rate than 1 second per second. And there are important reasons why we need to understand this real-world form of time travel.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Do you think time travel is possible or impossible?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Does david lewis think time travel is possible?
Time travel isn't merely of interest to Dr… Within philosophy the most famous contribution to this debate is David Lewis's 'The Paradoxes of Time Travel'. We could travel in time, says Lewis, but don't think you can thereby do the impossible – that (unsurprisingly!) is something you will definitely fail to do.
- How impossible is time travel?
- Is backwards time travel impossible?
- Is time travel logically impossible?
❔ Why do scientists think time travel is possible?
- Scientists Explain Why Time Travel Is Possible. As for the effect of mass on time, scientists have measured the ticking of atomic clocks at the top and base of skyscrapers. They found the clocks at the base — closer to the mass of Earth — ticked ever more slowly than those perched high.
- Why is time travel impossible?
- Why is reverse time travel impossible?
- Why time travel is almost impossible?
❔ How did albert einstein think time travel was possible?
- It turns out nature does allow a way of bending time, an exciting possibility suggested by Albert Einstein when he discovered special relativity over one hundred years ago. Colin Stuart imagines where (or, when) this fascinating phenomenon, time dilation, may one day take us.
- Does that mean time travel is impossible?
- Why is travel back in time impossible?
- Can time travel be possible?
10 other answers
Time travel is not possible, at least not in a practical way where humanity can exploit it. Posted: 6/12/2019 4:03:28 PM EDT. Technically your worldly perception lives several microseconds in the past considering it takes that long for your sensory info to reach your brain and be processed.
While time travel doesn’t seem to be possible, within the sense that humans would survive it with the physics that we use today, the sector is constantly changing in our time. Maybe some advances in quantum theories could perhaps provide us some understanding of the way to overcome time travel paradoxes soon enough.
Time travel is also a powerful way of allowing us to imagine what the future might bring. A lot of futurists nowadays tend to be dystopian. Time travel gives us ways of exploring how the worst...
Yes, Time Travel Is Possible; Here's How. Time travel's been one of man's wildest fantasies for centuries. It's long been a popular trend in movies and fiction, inspiring everything from Charles ...
Traveling forward in time at a faster rate than you are used to is a simple matter of traveling at, or near, the speed of light. As you approach the speed of light, time will slow do. Continue Reading. Yes, time travel is indeed possible, and happens all the time.
Time travel is a science fiction trope that may possibly be technically possible. But, no one has achieved it. We do travel into the future all our lives, at a second per second. To do it faster requires technology we don't have. Travel to the past is also impossible at the present time.
As the late Stephen Hawking said in his book Black Holes and Baby Universes, “The best evidence we have that time travel [into the past] is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future.” ~30~ Banner image by Alex Lehner, CC BY 2.0
So-called ‘time travel’ is an irrational idea that has no basis in reality. The reason why time travel is impossible is because there’s no such thing as time. Humans invented the concept of time. ‘Time’ has nothing to do with reality.
However, some scientists believe that traveling to the past is, in fact, theoretically possible, though impractical. Maybe if there were a theory of everything, one could solve all of Einstein’s...
Time travel is theoretically possible, scientists have said. There is no mathematical reason why a time travel machine could not be able to disrupt the spacetime continuum enough to go backwards in...
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «Do you think time travel is possible or impossible?» so you can surely find the answer!Can time travel is possible?
Yes, time travel is indeed a real thing. But it's not quite what you've probably seen in the movies. Under certain conditions, it is possible to experience time passing at a different rate than 1 second per second.Is backward time travel possible?
Is backwards time travel possible? As for backward time travel, it is possible to find solutions in general relativity that allow for it, such as a rotating black hole.Traveling to an arbitrary point in spacetime has very limited support in theoretical physics, and is usually connected only with quantum mechanics or wormholes.Is interstellar time travel possible?
Many scientists suspect that time travel to the past is not possible because of these paradoxes. But if Novikov self-consistency principle stands true, time travel to the past might be possible. It...Is time travel actually possible?
Yes, time travel is indeed a real thing. But it's not quite what you've probably seen in the movies. Under certain conditions, it is possible to experience time passing at a different rate than 1 second per second. And there are important reasons why we need to understand this real-world form of time travel.Is time travel even possible?
- Time travel is possible. Today, we know that time travel need not be confined to myths, science fiction, Hollywood movies, or even speculation by theoretical physicists. Time travel is possible. For example, an object traveling at high speeds ages more slowly than a stationary object.
- Time travel is viewed as "a discrepancy between time and time," where one can move forward or backward in the time continuum without the time traveler's body experiencing the same duration. Even though time travel has not been proven successful in modern day, it is logically and physically possible.
Is time travel metaphysically possible? The answer to that question would greatly depend on how one defines the nature of time. If one accepts the traditional view of time—the presentist theory—then time travel would be metaphysically impossible.Is time travel paradox possible?
- Time travel with free will is logically possible in our Universe without any paradox, according to new research from the University of Queensland. Physicists seek to understand the underlying laws of the Universe.
Wormholes are a plausible way to time travel ,but nobody has found out how to make one. But I ,a 13 year old boy, on the other have created an experiment that can make a wormhole that we can use to time travel. If you want to read the experiment plan follow this link... http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-367891#
Time Travel Theoretically Possible Without Leading To Paradoxes, Researchers Say In a peer-reviewed journal article, University of Queensland physicists say time is essentially self-healing. Changes in the past wouldn't necessarily cause a universe-ending paradox.Is time travel possible metaphysics?
possible. If time travel is logically impossible then it will also be physically impossible, and in this sense metaphysics can answer questions that physics may not be in a position to address… However, if you are a time traveller, your journey will be measured in terms of personal time and external time.Is time travel possible now?
- While time travel does not appear possible — at least, possible in the sense that the humans would survive it — with the physics that we use today, the field is constantly changing. Advances in quantum theories could perhaps provide some understanding of how to overcome time travel paradoxes.
He argues, too, that going back in time is equally improbable, since to reverse time you would have to decrease, at least locally, the amount of space in the universe.Would time travel be possible?
- Time travel is theoretically possible, scientists have said. There is no mathematical reason why a time travel machine could not be able to disrupt the spacetime continuum enough to go backwards in time, they suggested.
Yet contradictions such as the grandfather paradox don’t mean that time travel is impossible. The logical consistency of time travel largely depends on your concept of time. The most common...Is time travel into the past physically impossible?
The law states that the effect of an action can only occur after the cause, which would make time travel into the past impossible. "For me to travel back in time and set in motion events that...Why is time travel to the past impossible?
- Why Traveling to the Past is Impossible. Real Life Lore simplifies the reasons why time travel to the past is impossible, or rather philosophically unsound. Traveling to the past most likely means destroying your own present, which is either impossible or makes your journey impossible in the first place. Advertisement.
Yes, time travel is indeed a real thing. But it's not quite what you've probably seen in the movies. Under certain conditions, it is possible to experience time passing at a different rate than 1 second per second. And there are important reasons why we need to understand this real-world form of time travel.How could time travel be possible?
Is Time Travel Possible? The Short Answer: Although humans can't hop into a time machine and go back in time, we do know that clocks on airplanes and satellites travel at a different speed than those on Earth.How is time travel theoretically possible?
- Time travel to the past is theoretically possible in certain general relativity spacetime geometries that permit traveling faster than the speed of light, such as cosmic strings, transversable wormholes, and Alcubierre drive .