Top best answers to the question «Can i stop taking spironolactone cold turkey»
If you stop taking it suddenly: If you stop taking this drug, you may start retaining water. You may also have a sudden increase in your blood pressure. This can lead to a heart attack or stroke. If you don't take it on schedule: If you don't take this drug on schedule, your blood pressure might not be controlled.
- You can just stop the spironolactone cold turkey, that's not a problem. An occasional drink will not affect any of the meds you've listed. Ask Your Own Medical Question
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Can i stop taking spironolactone cold turkey?» often ask the following questions:
❔ Is it dangerous to stop taking cymbalta cold turkey?
Effects of stopping Cymbalta Cold Turkey
- Suddenly stopping Cymbalta has dangerous side effects, impacting both the body and the mind. Stopping Cymbalta in “cold turkey” fashion will lead to an upsetting, even painful withdrawal. The slower the withdrawal period, the longer the brain and body have to adjust to the chemical changes occurring in the brain.
❔ Is it ok to stop taking buspar cold turkey?
- 4. Cold turkey vs. Tapering. Most doctors suggest that there is no major discontinuation syndrome associated with Buspar. This means that many people are able to quit taking the medication cold turkey and notice absolutely zero withdrawal effects.
❔ Is it ok to stop taking gabapentin cold turkey?
- Is it ok to stop taking gabapentin cold turkey? People who want to get off neurontin should do so under the care of a doctor or medical professional. Stopping the drug abruptly can lead to seizures and other unpleasant symptoms such as headaches, sweating, fever, and hallucinations.
❔ Is it safe to stop taking gabipentin cold turkey?
- The Gabapentin cannot be stopped cold turkey. It should be gradually tapered off. If you have already been on the doses of 300 mg three times a day for two days, you can taper it off to 300 mg twice a day or 150 mg thrice a day.
❔ Is it safe to stop taking pramipexole cold turkey?
- You must not stop the pramipexole cold turkey. It can be quite dangerous to do so, especially as you have other health problems. You may need to start on gabapentin or pregabalin and very slowly reduce the prami. I am sure some of the other experienced members will be along soon to give you more advice.
❔ Is it safe to stop taking tramadol cold turkey?
- Is it safe to just stop cold turkey? It is not safe to suddenly stop tramadol because it will cause withdrawal effects. A few of the effects are anxiety, nausea, tremor and sweating. You should contact the doctor to help you come up with a proper way to taper the dose to minimize the effects of withdrawal.
❔ Is it safe to stop taking vicodin cold turkey?
- But the process of stopping Vicodin cold turkey is different for each person and some can proceed with success. While Vicodin withdrawal is seldom fatal, it’s best you not stop taking Vicodin cold turkey if you can.
❔ Is it safe to stop taking zoloft cold turkey?
- To stop a drug without tapering, you simply stop taking it. That is quite definitional. Zoloft should not be stopped cold turkey, though, and it is best to consult with the prescriber before making any dose or drug changes.
❔ What happens if i stop taking prednisone cold turkey?
- It is never recommended to quit taking Prednisone “cold turkey.” It is thought that if you quit taking this drug cold turkey from a relatively high dose, it could result in potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «Can i stop taking spironolactone cold turkey?» so you can surely find the answer!What happens if you stop taking antidepressants cold turkey?
- Quitting “cold turkey” may cause withdrawal symptoms. Suddenly stopping your medicine may also worsen your depression. Here are some of the possible effects of quitting too quickly:
- Stopping Effexor cold turkey can cause a sudden and severe reversion to mental problems experienced before taking the drug. It also can induce new ones. For example, the person taking it may become anxious. She may disassociate herself from herself, meaning she has no apparent emotional connection to her own actions.
Can I stop taking fluoxetine cold turkey?
- In brief: Usu. no withdrawal. Fluoxetine (prozac) has a long elimination half-life, which means it leaves the body slowly even after stopping 'cold turkey'. For this reason, there are usually no withdrawal symptoms, unlike other ssris.
What happens when you stop Lexapro suddenly?
- Stopping Lexapro abruptly may result in one or more of the following withdrawal symptoms: irritability, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, nightmares, headache and paresthesias (prickling, tingling sensation on the skin). Depression is also a part of bipolar illness.
What happens if you stop Prozac cold turkey?
- Side effects of quitting medication. Quitting “cold turkey” may cause withdrawal symptoms. Suddenly stopping your medicine may also worsen your depression. Here are some of the possible effects of quitting too quickly: You get sick.
- Quitting suddenly increases the chance of nasty withdrawal symptoms, which can drive you to return to taking the drug. The best way to quit Ritalin is to gradually reduce your dose rather than stop all at once. Stopping Ritalin cold turkey isn’t the best option for most people.