Top best answers to the question «18 lb turkey feeds how many»
- An 18 lb. turkey offers 25 servings. To provide enough turkey for 60 guests, we recommend offering two 22 or 23 lb. turkeys.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «18 lb turkey feeds how many?» often ask the following questions:
❔ 12 pound turkey feeds how many?
For a bone-in breast, figure 1 1/4 pounds per person, and for a boneless one, 3/4 pound per person. (This takes the weight of the bone into consideration). Thus, for example, a 12-pound turkey, plus a 7-pound bone-in turkey breast, will feed around 12 people.
❔ 16-18 lb turkey feeds how many?
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
❔ 18 pound turkey feeds how many?
- Rule of Thumb You need 1 1/2 pounds of uncooked turkey per person. In other words, to feed 12 people, you'd need an 18-pound turkey (12 × 1 1/2 = 18). This formula (and this is true for the guidelines that follow as well) will produce generous leftovers.
❔ 20 pound turkey can feeds how many?
For 14 people, buy a 20-pound turkey.
❔ 22 pound turkey feeds how many?
8 to 10 people = 14- to 16-lb. turkey. 12 to 16 people = 16- to 22-lb. turkey.
❔ 24 pound turkey feeds how many?
If the result is larger than 15 or 20 pounds then consider getting more than one turkey for the meal. For example, let's plan the right amount of turkey for 10 adult guests and 8 children. ... What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
❔ 6 pound turkey breast feeds how many?
- One (three-pound) half-breast will feed two to four people. A whole (six- to seven-pound) turkey breast (two breasts, still joined at the breast bone) will feed six to eight people. This method here will work for either amount of meat. Make sure your turkey breast is thawed before roasting.
❔ 6lb turkey crown feeds how many?
- How many will a 6lb turkey crown feed? A 4-5kg bird will serve 6-7, a 5-6kg one will do 8-10 and a 6-7kg turkey will feed 10-12. If you’re catering for 6 or less, you might want to go for a crown joint rather than a whole bird – a 1.5-2kg turkey crown will serve 3-5, and a 2-2.5kg crown will feed 6-8.
❔ 8-10 lb turkey feeds how many?
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «18 lb turkey feeds how many?» so you can surely find the answer!A 16 lb turkey feeds how many people?
4 to 6 people = 4- to 9-lb. turkey (If you can't find a bird that small, you can get a slightly larger bird that will allow for more leftovers.) 8 to 10 people = 14- to 16-lb.How many arrested in turkey?
Over 160,000 judges, teachers, police and civil servants suspended or dismissed, together with about 77,000 formally arrested.How many carbs in turkey?
- The average (or more correctly the arithmetic mean) amount of carbs contained in 100g of turkey, based on the list below of 17 different items under the general description of turkey, is 0.05 g of carbs. This average value corresponds to 0.04 % of the recommended dietary allowance (or RDA) in your diet.
What Countries Were Part of the Ottoman Empire?
How many Oz in a typical serving size of Turkey?
- A serving of turkey is a 2 to 3-ounce cooked portion. The Food Guide Pyramid suggests 2 to 3 servings from the meat group each day. The portions below represent 100 grams, approximately 3 1/2 ounces, of sliced meat from a whole roasted turkey.
- A 15- to 23-pound turkey is needed to feed 15 people. If the cook wants to have plenty of leftovers, he should look for a 30-pound turkey or consider preparing two 15-pound turkeys. While USA Today recommends 1 pound of turkey per person, Martha Stewart suggests 1 ½ pounds per person.