Top best answers to the question «12 pound turkey feeds how many»
For a bone-in breast, figure 1 1/4 pounds per person, and for a boneless one, 3/4 pound per person. (This takes the weight of the bone into consideration). Thus, for example, a 12-pound turkey, plus a 7-pound bone-in turkey breast, will feed around 12 people.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «12 pound turkey feeds how many?» often ask the following questions:
❔ 18 pound turkey feeds how many?
- Rule of Thumb You need 1 1/2 pounds of uncooked turkey per person. In other words, to feed 12 people, you'd need an 18-pound turkey (12 × 1 1/2 = 18). This formula (and this is true for the guidelines that follow as well) will produce generous leftovers.
- 20 pound turkey can feeds how many?
- 6 pound turkey breast feeds how many?
- 18 lb turkey feeds how many?
❔ 22 pound turkey feeds how many?
8 to 10 people = 14- to 16-lb. turkey. 12 to 16 people = 16- to 22-lb. turkey.
❔ 24 pound turkey feeds how many?
If the result is larger than 15 or 20 pounds then consider getting more than one turkey for the meal. For example, let's plan the right amount of turkey for 10 adult guests and 8 children. ... What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
- What size turkey feeds how many people?
- A 16 lb turkey feeds how many people?
- 10 pound turkey serves how many?
We've handpicked 24 related questions for you, similar to «12 pound turkey feeds how many?» so you can surely find the answer!How many hours per pound turkey?
- It is recommended to cook for about 15 minutes per pound, or 3 hours for the average turkey. For grilling turkey breast, preheat the grill to high heat (or about 350°F) and set up for indirect heat.
- You’ll want to plan on about 1.25 pounds of turkey per person attending. That means that if you are expecting 12 guests, plan for a 15-pound bird. If you have a large number of kids coming, simply round down when calculating your turkey.
- How long to cook a stuffed turkey. 8 to 12 pounds: 3 to 3½ hours. 12 to 14 pounds: 3½ to 4 hours. 14 to 18 pounds: 4 to 4¼ hours. 18 to 20 pounds: 4¼ to 4¾ hours. 20 to 24 pounds: 4¾ to 5¼ hours. Note: For safety reasons, the USDA recommends cooking stuffing outside of the turkey to guarantee uniform doneness.
- How many minutes per pound an unstuffed turkey takes to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit depends on if it is fresh or defrosted. A fresh turkey takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes per pound to cook, while a defrosted turkey takes about 20 minutes per pound to cook.
Start by multiplying the number of adults times 1, or 1.5 if you want leftovers. ... What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
- Turkey Math: As a general rule, plan on 1 pound of turkey per person. If you like leftovers, make it 1½ to 2 pounds per person. Therefore, a 30-pound turkey can serve up to 30 people (but realistically, more like 15 to 20 if you want leftovers, and you probably do!).
18-poundFor 12 people, buy an 18-pound turkey. How many turkey wings equal a pound?
How many wings are in a pound of chicken?
- In that case you may get merely 5 or 6 pieces in your pound of wings! That would feel like a rip-off! A good restaurant will portion out an even mix of drums and flats, and on average, you will find that 1 pound of uncooked chicken wings will yield about 10 pieces.
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours. For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours. For one 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4½ to 5 hours. How many hours per pound should you cook a turkey?
- The general rule is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of turkey when cooking an unstuffed turkey. Since roasting a stuffed turkey is no longer considered food-safe (not to mention doing so dries out the turkey meat) it’s best to stick to this method and bake one of these crowd-pleasing stuffing recipes in a separate dish.
Instead, we prefer to simply shield the breast meat with aluminum foil toward the end of cooking if it starts getting too browned. Roast the turkey. The rule of thumb for cooking a turkey is 13 minutes per pound. So our 16-pound turkey was estimated to cook in about 3 1/2 hours.How many brown turkey figs in a pound?
How big does a brown Turkey fig tree get?
- Brown Turkey fig trees can grow between 15–30 feet tall with an equal spread. For the best results, follow these growing instructions for a Brown Turkey fig tree: Brown Turkey fig trees need full sun, so choose a spot in your yard that gets direct sunlight.
- There are 676 calories in 1 pound of Ground Turkey. Calorie breakdown: 52% fat, 0% carbs, 48% protein.
- Here’s the main rule of thumb for thawing your turkey: Allow at least 24 hours of thawing for every 5 pounds of turkey.So for a 12-pound turkey that would imply at least three days of thawing, ideally with a bonus day thrown in.
- Considering the formula recommended by the USDA , a 15-pound frozen turkey should thaw in the refrigerator for at least three to four days before it's showtime—which means the Sunday of Thanksgiving week would be the right time to start the thawing process or Monday morning at the latest.
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
- For turkeys smaller than 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this accounts for bone weight). For larger birds, a bit less is fine; they have a higher meat-to-bone ratio. But if your goal is to have ample leftovers, aim for 1½ pounds per person whatever the turkey’s size.
How long does it take to defrost a 20 lb Turkey?
- A frozen turkey will take approximately one (1) day for every 4 pounds of, to defrost in the fridge - which is the best way to do it (though there are faster methods ). So to properly defrost a 20-pound turkey, plan for between 5 and 6 days for a fully thawed bird.
Range & Wall Oven - Cooking a Turkey in a Convection Oven
|Unstuffed (10-15 lbs.)||8-11 min./lb||325|
|Unstuffed (over 15 lbs.)||7-10 min/lb.||325|
- For turkeys smaller than 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this accounts for bone weight). For larger birds, a bit less is fine; they have a higher meat-to-bone ratio. But if your goal is to have ample leftovers, aim for 1½ pounds per person whatever the turkey’s size. For 8 people, buy a 12-pound turkey.
- When choosing a turkey to serve on Thanksgiving, figure 1 1/2 pounds per person. If you are serving 10 people on Thanksgiving, choose a bird that is 15 to 20 pounds. Smaller birds that weigh less than 12 pounds have a smaller meat-to-bone ratio, so figure two pounds per person.
- The assumption here is that a serving is 1/2 pound. And that is a nice good sized slice of turkey. This assumption leads to 6 servings of a turkey breast that is 3 pounds. By the way, this is the size most commonly found in the supermarkets.
How many sandwiches can you make out of a pound of Turkey?
- Typically, there are eight slices of lunch meat for every 6-ounce package, as stated in the nutritional breakdown of turkey breast on "Self." So, if there are 16 ounces in every pound of lunch meat and one slice of meat is used per sandwich, a pound of lunch meat will make almost 21 sandwiches.
- Light meat from a roasted turkey contains 667 calories per pound, while dark meat contains 935 calories. Fresh, raw turkey sausage, which might be a mixture of both kinds of meat, contains 700 calories per pound.