Top best answers to the question «12 pound turkey feeds how many»
For a bone-in breast, figure 1 1/4 pounds per person, and for a boneless one, 3/4 pound per person. (This takes the weight of the bone into consideration). Thus, for example, a 12-pound turkey, plus a 7-pound bone-in turkey breast, will feed around 12 people.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «12 pound turkey feeds how many?» often ask the following questions:
❔ 10 pound turkey serves how many?
How to Figure Out How Much Turkey Per Person
|Number of Guests||Turkey Weight|
❔ 16-18 lb turkey feeds how many?
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
❔ 18 lb turkey feeds how many?
- An 18 lb. turkey offers 25 servings. To provide enough turkey for 60 guests, we recommend offering two 22 or 23 lb. turkeys.
❔ 18 pound turkey feeds how many?
- Rule of Thumb You need 1 1/2 pounds of uncooked turkey per person. In other words, to feed 12 people, you'd need an 18-pound turkey (12 × 1 1/2 = 18). This formula (and this is true for the guidelines that follow as well) will produce generous leftovers.
❔ 20 pound turkey can feeds how many?
For 14 people, buy a 20-pound turkey.
❔ 22 pound turkey feeds how many?
8 to 10 people = 14- to 16-lb. turkey. 12 to 16 people = 16- to 22-lb. turkey.
❔ 24 pound turkey feeds how many?
If the result is larger than 15 or 20 pounds then consider getting more than one turkey for the meal. For example, let's plan the right amount of turkey for 10 adult guests and 8 children. ... What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
❔ 6 pound turkey breast feeds how many?
- One (three-pound) half-breast will feed two to four people. A whole (six- to seven-pound) turkey breast (two breasts, still joined at the breast bone) will feed six to eight people. This method here will work for either amount of meat. Make sure your turkey breast is thawed before roasting.
❔ 6lb turkey crown feeds how many?
- How many will a 6lb turkey crown feed? A 4-5kg bird will serve 6-7, a 5-6kg one will do 8-10 and a 6-7kg turkey will feed 10-12. If you’re catering for 6 or less, you might want to go for a crown joint rather than a whole bird – a 1.5-2kg turkey crown will serve 3-5, and a 2-2.5kg crown will feed 6-8.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «12 pound turkey feeds how many?» so you can surely find the answer!8-10 lb turkey feeds how many?
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
4 to 6 people = 4- to 9-lb. turkey (If you can't find a bird that small, you can get a slightly larger bird that will allow for more leftovers.) 8 to 10 people = 14- to 16-lb.How many hours for 14 pound turkey?
- How long to cook a stuffed turkey. 8 to 12 pounds: 3 to 3½ hours. 12 to 14 pounds: 3½ to 4 hours. 14 to 18 pounds: 4 to 4¼ hours. 18 to 20 pounds: 4¼ to 4¾ hours. 20 to 24 pounds: 4¾ to 5¼ hours. Note: For safety reasons, the USDA recommends cooking stuffing outside of the turkey to guarantee uniform doneness.
- It is recommended to cook for about 15 minutes per pound, or 3 hours for the average turkey. For grilling turkey breast, preheat the grill to high heat (or about 350°F) and set up for indirect heat.
- You’ll want to plan on about 1.25 pounds of turkey per person attending. That means that if you are expecting 12 guests, plan for a 15-pound bird. If you have a large number of kids coming, simply round down when calculating your turkey.
- A 15- to 23-pound turkey is needed to feed 15 people. If the cook wants to have plenty of leftovers, he should look for a 30-pound turkey or consider preparing two 15-pound turkeys. While USA Today recommends 1 pound of turkey per person, Martha Stewart suggests 1 ½ pounds per person.